To format the main navigation menu:
- If you plan to have third-level pages that appear in drop-down when users hover over the main menu nav items:
Structure > Menus > Main Menu: list links > select “edit” for each 2nd-level page and select “Show as expanded” > Save
- If you want to supress the "Home" main menu nav item on just the home page (recommended):
- Navigate to Structure > Menu > Main Menu.
- On the right, click on List Links.
- A list of the all the Main Menu links will appear. On the right, a check box shows if the link is enabled.
- Uncheck the Home link.